192/24 songs from HDtracks won't play

Help to solve your PlugPlayer related problems

192/24 songs from HDtracks won't play

Postby elkbone » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:28 am

I downloaded The Doors remaster in 192/24 from HDTracks.com. They play fine in JRiver 21 on PC and on Oppo player over NAS, but songs won't start in PlugPlayer on iPhone 7 plus with iOS 10.3. I have other 192/24 files from HDTracks that play fine on this device. Is this a new problem with HD tracks or something PlugPlayer is not reading correctly? I tried removing metadata to see if that helped but it did not. These are .flac files. Sometimes I get error 8 and error 11, but usually just no playback. Any suggestions. Thanks.
elkbone

Re: 192/24 songs from HDtracks won't play

Postby abramsh » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:13 pm

If it's just those new files that won't play, but other 192/24 songs from HDTracks do, it could be a bug in PlugPlayer, but it could also be a problem with the way the files are being served off the NAS. If for some reason it's sending the wrong mime-type or something like that, it could confuse PlugPlayer. We've seen issues where the NAS will "guess" wrong at what type of UPnP device PlugPlayer is. Error 8 is typically seen when the audio data isn't actually audio, and Error 11 is a misconfiguration of the hardware (which can happen if PlugPlayer tries to configure the hardware with bitrates, etc, that don't make sense because it didn't decode the file right).
abramsh

Return to Problems